Healthy Meals You’ll Want To Try Out Now!

You all read my latest post on healthy living a weight loss right? Well if you weren’t fortunate enought yet HERE it is! As I said in my previous post living a healthy lifestyle really is simple, you just have to break yourself out of bad habits and get yourself into the right head space before you start. I’m a massive foodie, always loved food maybe a bit too much! I appreciate great tasting, well seasoned dishes and I’ve a serious sweet tooth (which is a BIG problem). Basically my relationship with food is terrible, I rely on food for comfort and to help lift my mood, but more than that; I’m greedy! Changing my lifestyle to a healthier one first seemed hard when I thought about it, It was a constant battle in my head! When I eventually took the plunge to change things I remember feeling angry with myself! Angry that I was seeing results, that my body was changing, my clothes were becoming looser, I felt more energetic and I was loosing weight quicker than I expected – What have I been doing!? Because of my relationship with food (BFFs?) I often had to remind myself that all of those indulgences I love and want so desperately wouldn’t be gone forever, I need to limit myself, not over do it & make sure I’m not indulging everyday!

Below you’ll see a typical healthy day for me and I’m hoping that you’ll gain some inspiration, see how easy healthy eating can be and hopefully try some of the recipes below (Or variations of them).

***

Breakfast

You know I’m a lover of overnight oats, unfortunately this morning I really wanted a pot but I hadn’t prepared any the night previously so I improvised & it was delicious. Its technically the same as overnight oats you just leave out the overnight part! There are hundreds of ways to do overnight oats but this is one of my favourites…

You want to start with a thick layer of plain greek yoghurt, top that with a handful of oats (it should be a much thinner layer than your yoghurt), throw in some raspberries, I usually only pop in 5-6 at a time. Cut up half of a banana and add that to your pot too. Now you want to add a little spoon of honey. Top with a couple spoons of yoghurt, sprinkle on some chia seeds and flaked almonds & your done!

I mix mine altogether before tucking in… Mmm!!

IMG_7742

Lunch

I always try to have an egg based lunch so that I’m getting a good amount of protein throughout the day (I also have a protein shake for breakfast or lunch). Today I decided on making a vegetable frittata. A frittata is basically a thick omlette or a crustless queche! Typically you can use any vegetables you already have in, there are loads of variations, here is mine –

Boil a big handful of green beans, while thats going on chop your spring onions, I used a whole bunch. Continue with some garlic, a bell pepper & 1 courgette. Once your green beans are ready wack them into a big skillet pan with everything else you just chopped, fry it off for 5 minutes and season well. Crack your eggs into a bowl and mix together (I used 3 eggs & 3 egg whites). Now add the eggs to your vegetables, you can add a little cheese if you want at this point! Let the skillet sit on the stove on a medium to low heat for 5 minutes, finish off in the oven until golden brown and wallah!

IMG_7745

Dinner

Remember when I told you I eat mostly vegetarian dishes now? This is the perfect example of a meal I’ll usually eat for dinner. Vegetable curry with quinoa! Again there are so many variations of curries so its really all down to your own personal taste!

Pinterest came to my aid yet again and provided us with a delicious recipe to follow, you can check out that recipe here! That one uses pumpkin which we didn’t have so alternativly we filled it out with more carrot and butternut squash!

IMG_7751

1. Sam April 5, 2016 / 6:21 pm

Overnight oats are one of my favourite breakfasts too! Love the idea of having oats with yoghurt and fruit too. I’m always forgetting to prep my breakfast the night before.

That curry also sounds delicious! Deliciously Ella has a really nice potato and chickpea curry recipe if you haven’t tried it already 🙂

• cheskaaanels April 5, 2016 / 6:25 pm

Ahhh that sounds so good! I’ll have to check that one out, I’m always scouting new recipes! Overnight oats are amazing aren’t they 🙂

2. Kitty Wood April 5, 2016 / 6:35 pm

Oh how I wish I could cook at lunch time, my work has a microwave and nothing else! That all looks delicious

• cheskaaanels April 5, 2016 / 6:36 pm

Haha oh no I couldn’t be having that!!

• cheskaaanels April 6, 2016 / 9:44 am

Yeah the breakfast is my fave too! However I had left over frittata for the day after and it was so delicious cold too!

3. Rosie Romance April 6, 2016 / 11:34 am

I’m a massive foodie too! These are great recipes for healthier eating, I’m always on the hunt for interesting veggie options and your curry sounds delicious! If you fancy making some healthy wholemeal and oat banana muffins, my recipe is over on my blog 🙂

Rosie x

• cheskaaanels April 6, 2016 / 2:58 pm

Omg I’d love to try those! Thank you!! 😀

4. Rachel April 7, 2016 / 9:58 am

I need a breakfast from a Mason Jar, it looks so good and so tasty x

• cheskaaanels April 7, 2016 / 10:54 am

Hahaha everything tastes better in a mason jar!!

5. fashion-mommy April 7, 2016 / 1:41 pm

Well done for changing your eating habits, I’m having to do that too, cutting out sugary drinks and chocolate.

• cheskaaanels April 7, 2016 / 5:48 pm

Thank you!! Oh gosh yes sugary or fizzy drinks were a challenge for me! I literally had to have a can of pepsi every day and usually I would exceed that! Good luck you can do it! 🙂

6. Deborah Nicholas April 7, 2016 / 9:24 pm

oh that all looks delicious and i have been working on a meal plan for next week including overnight oats etc too!

7. Kirsty April 7, 2016 / 9:25 pm

I love the idea for breakfast it seems really healthy and new unlike grabbing a slice of toast in the morning. Will have to try this but with lactose free yoghurt instead!

• cheskaaanels April 7, 2016 / 9:30 pm

It is so lush and a really nice take on breakfast!!

8. Georgia April 7, 2016 / 10:05 pm

Me and my daughter love overnight oats but it’s a luxury because I seldom remember to put them in! Haha! I love your breakfast here, all my fave things in one meal! Also the vegetable curry with quinoa is a big thumbs up! I love quinoa so much and usually make a sweet and sour dish with it, just make loads of veg the sweet and sour sauce and put it over a decent helping of quinoa and I’m good to go, best meal ever! Good luck on your healthy eating journey, I’m currently cutting out sugar and the cravings are too real!

• cheskaaanels April 7, 2016 / 10:08 pm

Ahhh amazing aren’t they!? Yes quinoa is amazing so many healthy benefits! That sweet and sour sounds lush! Oh good luck I’m sure you’re doing great! Sugar is so hard to cut, I don’t know if I ever will haha! Xox

9. secretplussizegoddessblog April 8, 2016 / 9:18 am

I’ve never tried overnight oats before but have read a lot about them. I intend to rectify this soon!

10. addmck April 12, 2016 / 6:05 pm

That breakfast dish looks right up my street, will definitely be making it thanks

• cheskaaanels April 12, 2016 / 6:06 pm

Thank you!! Honestly its the best I’ve had it so much recently!