Show A Little Lovin’

1462572_10153163522522397_1896950202539314746_o

It doesn’t take a genius to work out that the average person loves to be shown a little loving by the use of romatic gestures – not saying I or you are average… I’m quite clearly a mermaid, just saying! When you first start out in a relationship romantic stuff happens pretty regularly what with it being the ‘honeymoon period’ but after some time and a good helping of adult life, things inevitably get in the way of all the lovey dovey romantic stuff and these cute little gestures come not quite as often as before. At some point its bound to happen and its okay, it doesn’t mean your partner is now less important to you or your love for them has deteriorated, we all need a bit of TLC! I think a lot of people associate romance with expensive and outrageous gestures and surprises, the thing is though, love doesn’t work only on that basis!! Romance is showing that you love and care for your partner whilst taking time out to focus solely on them… So behold, the list of romantic gestures thats going to spark the Romeo or Juliet in you!!

Love Letters

This is a really thoughtful yet inexpensive way of expressing your love for someone! Letters feel more personal and well thought out than a text or online message. Sometimes having a physical piece of paper in front of you with words, thoughts and feelings that your partner took the time to write down makes you feel really special and loved! If you’re struggling with getting your feelings down on paper think of an inventive way to say something meaningful, like a poem or rekindling memories you enjoyed together. Easy, albeit cheesy but girls go crazy over things like this!

Treasure Hunt

Treasure hunts are super cute, they take a lot of thought and planning but always end up being a lot of fun! Heres how – You write down little riddles and leave them in envelopes often around places that mean something to you both, each riddle leads you to the next until you come to the end of the trail where a surprise is waiting! The big surprise could be something as simple as a meal at the first place you went on a date together, or it could be something more extravagant like a proposal!!! Eeeek!

Cook A Meal

I know some of you are thinking ‘cooking a meal isn’t romantic I do it everyday!!’ but actually it can still be a really romantic gesture! Start with prepping a table for you both, pop a nice table cloth on, add a rose for decoration, pore some wine or whatever it is you enjoy drinking, add candles and set the mood. Food wise you could cook your partners favourite meal, this shows that a lot of thought thats gone into it and thats bound to make anyone feel a little bit special!

Take Some Time Out

If you’re someone that works a lot why not take a days leave? Sync up your schedules and surprise your loved one when they have a free day. This is a super easy way of showing someone that you care and it also subtlety lets them know that you enjoy spending one on one time together. You could plan a day out full of fun or simply have a duvet day, buy some snacks, enjoy a film and even more so, each other!!

Massage

Massage is a really thoughtful and intimate gesture which is no surprise why its one of my favourites! You don’t have to be an expert to give a good massage just create a really relaxing setting and do your thing! (You can also get massage tips from Pinterest!!) Light the room with candles, play some relaxing zen inspired massage sounds and use a warm essential oil thats great on the skin and smells amazing… You’ll be well on your way to boyfriend or girlfriend of the year!

Breakfast In Bed

This is another easy one, all you need to do is sacrifice a little sleep time! Get up an hour or so earlier than your partner and surprise them with a gorgeous breakfast before you go to work or start your plans for the day!! Thoughtful and a great way to start to the day!

Invest Time Into Their Hobby

This is an easy gesture to think of yet not so easy to do! If you know your partner is really into horse riding or hiking spend a day together doing these things, it’ll show you value their interests and want to spend time with them doing the thing they love! This isn’t always the easiest thing to do since you might really dislike or have no interest whatsoever in their hobby BUT its also a great idea because it shows that you care, a lot!

Now go and get all romantic!

1. Abs (@HiyaGlasgow) May 20, 2016 / 5:13 pm

This is so sweet. Often relationships get dull when you get too comfortable – I’ll definitely be using these ideas! Thanks!

• cheskaaanels May 20, 2016 / 5:20 pm

Awwh thanks 🙂 yes thats true in some cases! Which is really a shame as it doesn’t take much yo show someone you love and care about them! Glad you’ll be using some of the ideas 🙂 xox

• cheskaaanels May 20, 2016 / 5:40 pm

Awwh haha thank you!! Ahhh me too I love them both so much! Xox

2. Jess May 22, 2016 / 4:53 pm

Aww look how cute you and your fella are! Love this post. I’ve been with my fella for 8 years now (weird). I can’t say we’ve ever had a treasure hunt, but I absolutely LOVE the idea. I wanted to do something similar for my mates hen do! I think over the years my boyfriend has actually become a bit of a Lush addict cause I always treat him to bath bits haha.

• cheskaaanels May 22, 2016 / 5:03 pm

Awwh so lovely and how funny My husband and I have been together 8 nearly 9 years now! Treasure hunts are super cute I love the thought that goes into them! Ahhh I’m also a bit of a lush addict haha why wouldn’t you be!? Xoxo

3. Kitty Wood May 22, 2016 / 5:02 pm

Really great tips! I get married in a week and a bit and people are always panicking about things going stale after the wedding.

• cheskaaanels May 22, 2016 / 5:06 pm

Yes!!! It doesn’t turn stale if you don’t let it! I think people put too much pressure on the term marriage but its a lot of fun being married!!!

4. Nikki May 23, 2016 / 7:25 pm

I love this post so many lovely ideas. Think I may steal one or two!

5. Fashion Du Jour LDN May 24, 2016 / 9:52 am

Super cute post! My boyfriend is pretty romantic in little and larger ways…but it wouldn’t hurt to leave this post up on my laptop 😉 He wrote me a love letter and posted it to me – it was the most gorgeous thing! Fab, easy and thoughtful tips – loved it!

Thanks for sharing!

Leigh at Fashion Du Jour LDN HQ x

6. helenbunnx May 25, 2016 / 5:43 pm

I try my hardest to do cute little things! Sometimes I think people think there other half has done something wrong if they try to be nice lol! Going to be stealing some of these ideas 🙂 xx

• cheskaaanels May 25, 2016 / 5:57 pm

Hahaha its true!! I love nice gestures xox

7. LaaLaa May 25, 2016 / 6:22 pm

Such inexpensive and thoughtful ways to show love. I always have said the art of letter writing has become a thing of the past. x

• cheskaaanels May 25, 2016 / 6:24 pm

Isn’t that a sad truth!? I love handwritten letters they just seem so much more thought out and personal! Xox

8. Agata @BarkTime May 26, 2016 / 1:17 pm

When I was traveling and my hubby stayed back in UK I used to sent one postcard to him each day… he still has them all, almost 10 years later

• cheskaaanels May 26, 2016 / 2:11 pm

Awwwh thats adorable and very thoughtful!! Xox

9. April J Harris (@apriljharris) May 26, 2016 / 3:08 pm

These are wonderful ideas for helping to make your partner feel special. I’ve been married for 25 years now and it’s so important to keep the romance in a relationship! It makes all the difference. Love your point that making a meal can be a hugely romantic gesture – it really can mean so much to someone to be pampered like that.

• cheskaaanels May 26, 2016 / 3:10 pm

Oh absolutely!! Congratulations on 25 years of marriage thats inspiring! Xox

10. Jess Acorn May 27, 2016 / 3:18 pm

This is such a lovely post! It’s so nice to remind people of things like this <3

11. Fay June 9, 2016 / 10:55 am

I LOVE this post! I have one in my drafts that is a little similar but yours just knocks it out of the park! Sometimes life really does just grind you down so showing your significant other that you are still in love with them really does matter! We love a good massage and breaky in bed! Not sure about the love letters but we have gone through a fair few post its!!!

Great post 🙂 xx

• cheskaaanels June 9, 2016 / 2:08 pm

Awwwwh post its thats so cute!! Thanks so much I really enjoyed writing this one 😀

12. Jessica & James August 22, 2016 / 1:47 pm

GOAAAALLLLLLLLSSSSS <3 <3 <3
    Love this post, very true and all great suggestions! We have yet to do a treasure hunt!! 😉

Thanks for sharing!