If you don’t like Oreos you’ll find yourself in a bit of a pickle because you’re in the wrong place!? Over here we are utterly obsessed with them, I’m a huge lover of those crunchy, creamy centred, delicious delights. I like Oreos with tea, with coffee, as a mid morning snack, afternoon snack and evening snack when the kids have gone to bed!!! Because of my great love for them I try to incorporate them in as many tasty treats as possible. A big fave among the crowd are my Oreo cupcakes!!
They’re really straight forward yet so tasty so you’ll probably be making them all the time after this. Don’t blame me when the pounds start packing on, I’m just here to support the o’mighty Oreo!!!
What you’ll need –
A pack of Oreos
175g Self raising flour
175g Caster sugar
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract
175g Butter (for Icing)
What to do –
1. Pre heat your oven to 180/gas mark 4. Weigh out your dry ingredients and sift them into a mixing bowl (leave the Oreos out at this stage).
2. Add the eggs, butter & vanilla extract to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
3. Crush up half the pack of Oreos into small chunks and add them to the cake mix.
4. Evenly pop the cake mix into your cupcake tin and bake for 20 minutes. (They might bake a little faster in a fan oven so keep an eye on them!)
5. Leave to cool on a wire tray.
Now for the Icing!
1. Cream 175g butter into a bowl until smooth, little by little add your icing sugar whilst mixing until it reaches your desires thickness.
2. If too thick add a drop or two of milk. Now crush the remaining oreos into medium – small chunks.
3. Add half of the Oreos to the icing and mix in (this is optional you can leave the icing oreo free if you wish) Set icing in the fridge to chill for 20-30 minutes. If you’d like your icing to be as white as possible it needs to be mixed for a long time, the easiest way to do this is with an electric mixer!
4. Ice your cupcakes however you prefer and add the remaining crushed Oreos to top!!
5. Indulge and enjoy!