I have an appreciation for vegan, non dairy recipes. I’m also an avid baker so combining my baking skills with a good enough recipe often creates something of magic (I talk myself up don’t I)! Today I’m sharing with you a vegan banana bread recipe that we make fairly regularly, its a great one for if you have discoloured, mushy bananas that you don’t know what to do with. A while ago on Twitter I asked if this would be a recipe you wanted me to share with you all and that idea seemed to get a lot of approval, so tuck in!
What you need
200-250g Plain flour
100g soft brown sugar
3 very ripe, discoloured bananas
75g Vegetable oil
3tsp Baking powder
A Handful of nuts and/or vegan chocolate (I use sliced almonds or walnuts)
What to do
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Now, mash your bananas until as smooth as possible (I find this is easier with a fork) and then add your oil and mix in well.
2. Add your brown sugar to your mashed banana & oil mixture. Mix in well, it should go a dark brown colour (if you want to add a little vanilla extract too you should add this to the mixture now).
3. Pop all of your dry ingredients into a bowl (leaving out the nuts and chocolate), add the wet ingredients and give it good old mix.
4. Add your nuts/chocolate before placing into your greased loaf tin and BAKE.
5. Bake your loaf for 20 minutes before topping with foil, this is so that the cake doesn’t brown too much! Bake for a further 40 minutes. Allow to cool and indulge!!
This is such a quick and easy recipe, its one for the whole family to enjoy. This is also a really great recipe for getting small children involved, my eldest loves helping out with this bake just as much as he enjoys eating it when its done! I hope you love it!