Get Date Night Ready With Me!

Who doesn’t love date night?! Having that special time alone to spend together is incredibly important for a relationship. Admittedly Sean and I don’t really get to do it very often as parents. Its rare that we get a chance to have a date night now so when it does happen and I’m able to let my hair down a little I’m filled with so much excitement! I really enjoy getting ready for a night out, the pampering, the glam up and choosing what outfit to wear, Its all very exciting! Along the way I’ve learnt some really useful tips to make getting ready for date night a huge success and here they are –

Close your pours

Having a hot bath or shower before date night allows me to get into the right head space, I’m able to find time to relax and time to pamper myself. This is where I do a lot of my prep, usually starting with my skincare regime, I’ll cleanse, scrub and pop on a face mask making sure that my skin provides a smooth base for my makeup as well as getting its dose of TLC. Everything I use on my face at the moment is from Lush, they’ve proved to be the best for my skin type and its a brand I really enjoy using, read up about some of my faves.

TOP TIP – After treating your skin close those pours using cold water, essentially you want to do this when you get out of the bath/shower otherwise they’ll reopen. This is so that when touching your face and applying your makeup you won’t risk putting loads of crap back into them!

Shaving gel wonders

I get that not everyone is into the whole shaving thing and thats fine its really all about your personal preference but for me shaving is a must. I love the feeling of having silky smooth legs and it allows me to feel confident about getting them out, so when getting ready for date night its always at the forefront of my mind!

TOP TIP – When shaving always use a conditioner as shaving gel. This is a tip I’ve known about for years after reading it in somewhere like Bliss or some other girly mag and it really works! For some reason it gives your skin the best protection when shaving. I’m pretty prone to a cut or two but when I use conditioner it never goes wrong and it even speeds up the shaving process!

Luscious locks

Fresh hair is a must on date night especially when wearing it down. Who wouldn’t want their hair to look as shiny and smooth as Daenerys Targaryen – serious hair goals!! If you’re a blonde and aiming for lighter, less yellowed locks use a purple shampoo.

TOP TIP – The darker the purple the lighter your hair. You’ll want to lather it up, even it all out and leave to sit on the hair for 5 minutes for so. If you’re someone that lacks volume, using the Batiste XXL spray when your hair is dry will completely transform it and bring it back to life!

Glam yourself

I know if I want to look really all out glam a good pair of eyelashes will do the trick. My natural ones are quite short that I’m so unsatisfied when wearing just a mascara! I don’t often wear lashes but if theres a suitable occasion for them I’ll happily wack some on, they take your makeup game right up there giving you fierce, beautiful looking eyes! I was lucky enough to have tried out the new Kiss Lash Couture Faux Mink Collection, and what a treat they are!!

I currently have two styles, ‘Little Black Dress’ and ‘Gala’.

The Gala lashes are really full & thick and they give you that full on glam look you’d expect just from the name alone!

The little black dress lashes are your more everyday types with an incredible length to them!

Both lashes feel really silky and smooth. The little black dress lashes have a really flexible band that sits easily alongside your natural lashes and they are so easy to apply! I found it a little more difficult using the gala lashes as I didn’t find the band to be as flexible, its also a little thicker making them trickier to apply. I have to say though that overall these lashes look great, you can get yours at Superdrug for just £7.99!

Little Black Dress Kiss Faux Mink Couture Lashes

TOP TIP – When applying your lashes apply them underneath the lash line instead of on top! This will give you a more natural, cosier look and feel. Apparently all makeup artists swear by this technique and its now how I apply my lashes all the time. I’ve got to admit its much more comfortable this way and they take half the time to apply as usual!

*This contains sponsored content, however all thoughts, words and opinions are 100% my own!

1. hannah May 1, 2017 / 2:20 pm

Some great tips here. Good hair is defiantly a must

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk May 1, 2017 / 5:54 pm

Agreed!!

2. Ali Rost May 1, 2017 / 4:21 pm

Great tips! Especially about cold water closing your pours. I’d completely forgotten about that one! Also .. the lashes look lovely. I’ve always wanted to try some and may just have to go for it!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk May 1, 2017 / 5:54 pm

Yes I forget sometimes too its a game changer!! The lashes are gorgeous aren’t they!! Defo give them a go!

3. MsPrettyLThings May 1, 2017 / 7:56 pm

Love these tips for looking fab on a date night. There is nothing like a pair of false eyelashes to up the glamour stakes.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk May 1, 2017 / 8:01 pm

I agree!! They transform your eyes so much!!

4. Ana De- Jesus May 1, 2017 / 9:41 pm

I love how natural they look and the fact that the lashes are faux is good news to me :). Your eyes look so pretty with the lashes but I can never find a pair to suit my small eyes x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk May 1, 2017 / 11:43 pm

These ones are fab I really like them!! Remember you can always cut down lashes!

5. Tanya May 1, 2017 / 11:01 pm

I couldn’t imagine going on a date and not doing my hair especially for it, definitely a must! I’m not really a big lash wearer (mainly because I struggle to put them on) but when I do I always go for a pair of Kiss lashes, they are such a great brand

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk May 1, 2017 / 11:44 pm

Yeah see I only do it every so often but I agree the Kiss lashes are great I’m loving them right now!

6. Rhian Westbury May 2, 2017 / 9:56 am

I am so bad at putting on eyelashes, but I do love wearing them. I don’t tend to dress up too much for date night but it is nice every so often x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk May 2, 2017 / 3:22 pm

Its really nice I love it but thats because I don’t get many opportunities where I can!

7. Stephanie Merry May 2, 2017 / 10:43 am

Never thought about applying my false lashes underneath the lash line but I’m going to give it a try! x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk May 2, 2017 / 3:23 pm

Its amazing!! Give it more than one go the first time you do it you’ll get a little bit scared!

8. shannon ritchie May 2, 2017 / 6:14 pm

These are some great date night tips 🙂 Those eyelashes look gorgeous on you!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk May 2, 2017 / 9:27 pm

Awwh thank you glad you enjoyed the post!

9. Sally Akins May 3, 2017 / 10:20 am

I’ve never managed to master false lashes, but those Kiss lashes look so gorgeous that it makes me want to give it another go!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk May 3, 2017 / 12:28 pm

See I was the same for a long time but its practise that helps just keep trying!

10. melissa major May 3, 2017 / 1:08 pm

Some great date night tips, I like the false lashes! they look very natural and glam

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk May 3, 2017 / 2:21 pm

Yeah thats what I love about these ones!! Gorgeous!

11. angela milnes May 3, 2017 / 5:36 pm

This looks great! I always had a hard time applying false eyelashes but it looks easy to you. Your eyelashes was look natural on you

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk May 4, 2017 / 10:32 am

These lashes are great so easy to apply and the fact they look natural is a winner!

12. Tanya Brannan May 4, 2017 / 12:03 pm

I have never heard of applying to under the lash line before! I am intrigued to give it a go as I do struggle to put them on. I also use conditioner as shaving gel and have for several years now – great tips!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk May 4, 2017 / 10:39 pm

Ahhh yes I’m pleased to meet another conditioner shaving lass haha yes applying them underneath is so easy (once you get use to it)

13. Rachel May 4, 2017 / 3:52 pm

Those lashes look amazing on you, I love wearing lashes on special occasions! xo

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk May 4, 2017 / 10:39 pm

Thank you!! Really gorgeous natural looking lashes!

14. Whitney Abigain May 4, 2017 / 3:54 pm

These lashes look lush, I definitely need to try applying underneath the lash line because I usually suck haha

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk May 4, 2017 / 10:40 pm

Hahaha you’re not alone believe me!!

15. Helen Costello May 5, 2017 / 10:54 pm

Brilliant tip to use conditioner as a shaving gel. How have I got to this age without knowing that?

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk May 6, 2017 / 5:09 pm

Its amazing!!!

16. Kristina Maggiora May 6, 2017 / 9:03 am

Woah amazing tips here! I need to master eyelash application as I’m still rubbish that that haha

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk May 6, 2017 / 5:10 pm

hahaha It does take some getting use to I find the individual lashes so much easier!

17. Hayley Warren May 12, 2017 / 10:01 am

I always forget to close my pores after a shower! I love those eyelashes on you!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk May 14, 2017 / 5:12 pm

Awwh thank you so much!!!