Mens Luxury Grooming For Less With Heathcote & Ivory

If theres anywhere online that I love to shop for luxury looking and feeling products without the huge price tag, it has to be Heathcote and Ivory! I’ve been lucky enough to try a whole bunch of ranges from Heathcote and I can honestly say I’ve never once disliked a single item!! Heathcote and Ivory are a London established brand, what I love most about their branding is their use of bold prints and design. Each collection is made with both vintage and modern day inspirations in mind and that is what not only makes them stand out from other brands, but its what makes this brand so beautiful! Heathcote and ivory really know their market and with both their enthusiasm and attention to detail they are able to create gorgeous products at a really affordable cost for us as consumers!

Heathcote are a brand thats constantly evolving, adding new collections to their fast growing line of products. Their newest range is a first for the Heathcote team since its their first collection created for the men in our lives. Heath – grooming men to perfection!

As some of you may know, my Husband Sean is a Firefighter – I know, I know, what a hunk!! If you didn’t know firefighters have be clean shaven, which if you’re like Sean, is pure dread! Facial hairs can actually be a health and safety risk for firefighters who often use some of the more serious fire gear like their breathing aperatus. What might seem like a casual, no fuss shave to one person might not be the same for another. Sean’s skin can unfortunately react quite badly to a shave, especially when having to do it so often. Facial skin can react quite sensitively when put under stress from the harsh blades of a razor, and this can result in red lumps & bumps, ingrown hairs and sensitivity/sore skin. Sean has tried most things to keep the sensitivity at bay; changing the direction he shaves in, hot towel shaves, products after products that promise better results, but they’ve all resulted in no change! So when Heathcote and Ivory sent over their latest mens grooming collection, Heath, Sean couldn’t wait to get his hands on it!

The Heath range is made up of a, Face Wash, Moisturiser, Shave Cream, Post Shave Repair Cream and a Hair & Body Wash combo. According to Heathcote, ‘Each ingredient has been selected for it specific, tried and tested benefit for mens skin’ and have been formulated with demanding lifestyles in mind, to enable a fuss free grooming sesh! I particularly love the packaging for the Heath range, its sleek, contemporary and still gives off a luxury feel.

The facial wash is made using biodegradable particles from black lava and activated charcoal which gently cleanses and exfoliates the skin to remove dead skin cells. This facial wash, mattifies the skin and also reduces pore size. Sean really loves this face wash, after using it daily for a couple of weeks he noticed a huge difference in the appearance of his skin, it looked clearer, brighter and more vitalised. We were both pretty keen on the smell of this too, Sean noticed that the aroma lingers for a while too which has been an important feature for him. Its definitely a product he will continue to buy and at just £10 a bottle its well worth the purchase.

The Heath moisturiser is formulated with hydraulic acid and vitamin E to help plump, smooth and hydrate the skin. Its also powered with Soliberine ® NAT that protects the skin from blue light, UV rays and IR wavelengths. This is also a product that has been shortlisted in 2017 beauty awards, yay go Heath! Sean enjoys using this daily, specifically because of the way this moisturiser sank into his skin. Again this is another product that smells real good. For a quality moisturiser at £15 you can’t go wrong!

Heaths cream shave is made from combining a unique blend of 9 soaps and has been infused with tea tree and Tasmanian pepper to help calm the skin, it also aids in reducing redness and sensitivity from shaving. This sounded like the answer to all of Seans shaving problems, it provides a really smooth base to shave from and really does help in reducing sensitivity. Sean found that his skin felt softer and hydrated rather than dry and harsh after using the cream shave. Sean’s sensitivity to shaving hasn’t completely diminished but since using the Heath range its significantly improved! The cream shave is a mere £8 which is perfect for a product that really lasts!

The post shave balm has been infused with Aloe Vera, Shea Butter and Allantoin to instantly soothe the skin, especially around any problem areas. Sean has been really happy using the post shave balm, its cooling on the skin and calms down a lot of his skin irritation after shaving, its definitely made an impact on his new found shaving routine. This is a product that should be a part of every grooming regime, its quick & effective and the results say everything!! At just £12 its a product thats well worth the money!

The combined hair and body wash formula is all about energising and revitalising, its jam packed with Caffeine, Green Tea, Ginseng, Lemon Bergamot and more!! This is one of my own personal favourites in the Heath range, it smells so alluring that I can’t keep away from Sean once he’s used it! Sean loves this wash too, he finds the smell really refreshing and says its perfect for early mornings. What he loves most about the hair and body wash is that it lathers really well and the smell still lingers hours later!! You can buy yours online for £8.

If you like luxury at low cost, are sensitive to shaving, love grooming, prefer products that last and are worth the price tag, then Heath is the collection for you! Now when Sean is on shift at the fire station he can shave with peace of mind knowing the products he’s using are kind to his sensitive skin.

Check out the collection for yourself over at Heathcote-ivory.com Christmas is just 10 weeks away!!

*These products were sent to me in collaboration with Heathcote & Ivory.

1. Jess October 16, 2017 / 3:12 pm

£15 for a hydraulic acid moisturiser is really good! I’ve never actually come across this brand before but I’m looking for new skincare to get me through winter so I’ll check them out.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 18, 2017 / 11:23 am

Well only if you use mens grooming products…

2. Patrick October 16, 2017 / 4:22 pm

Good post…and yeah,a firefighter has to be clean shaven so his mask has a lock tight seal. Shaving every day is a pain in the butt and face and having a gentle cleanser/high quality razor blades are a must.
    Stay safe Sean!!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 18, 2017 / 11:24 am

Yes thats exactly it!! Great to hear that you know the ins and outs!!

3. Sarah Bailey October 16, 2017 / 4:44 pm

Ohh now this sounds like an awesome brand, I need to get Ash a few new grooming bits and these could most definitely git the bill.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 18, 2017 / 11:24 am

Absolutely!! These would make awesome gifts!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 18, 2017 / 11:25 am

Hahaha yes I’d def buy him some for christmas it’ll be a game changer!

4. Rachel Evans October 16, 2017 / 8:25 pm

I love the packaging, that would look amazing in our bathroom. The post-shave balm sounds really good as well. I will suggest it to my other half as he always suffers with a breakout after he shaves.

• Rachel Evans October 16, 2017 / 8:26 pm

Also, I love your photos. I have some bathroom products that I need to photograph and it’s proving a challenge at the moment!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 18, 2017 / 11:26 am

Awwww thank you so much!! You’ll get there, just work with different props and settings! I find for wash products and bathroom bits its always nice to add an element of something natural!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 18, 2017 / 11:25 am

Oh awesome he should definitely give them a go then!!

5. MELANIE EDJOURIAN October 16, 2017 / 8:28 pm

Hubby’s skin is sensitive so these sound really good for my hubby and maybe even my dad too. I must pop over to their site and see if they have any Christmas gift selections.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 18, 2017 / 11:26 am

Yes this would do the trick!!

6. five little doves October 16, 2017 / 8:54 pm

Wow that’s great and what a fab price! Men’s products seem so much cheaper than womens, although my husband is always stealing my products! I’ll send him this!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 18, 2017 / 11:27 am

Hahaha I love that!! I do find that women products are so expensive in comparison!

7. Ana De- Jesus October 17, 2017 / 12:16 am

I had no idea that Sean was a firefighter or that firefighters have to trim their facial hair for work. It is great that Heathcote helps him have a better shave x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 18, 2017 / 11:27 am

Yes he’s been doing it for years now! Thanks lovely!

8. Angela Ricardo Bethea October 17, 2017 / 6:45 am

I totally have not heard of Heath products and wonder why I only came across this now. Will have to check this out for my hubby. It looks absolutely very promising. The price is also on point.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 18, 2017 / 11:28 am

Right, everything about them just seems so on point!!

9. Rhian Westbury October 17, 2017 / 9:50 am

I had no idea that firefighters had to be clean shaven but it makes sense when you think about it. Good skincare is always so important especially around shaving x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 18, 2017 / 11:28 am

Yes exactly, means skin can get irritated so easily to shaving so these have proven great!!

10. Jacqueline October 17, 2017 / 4:14 pm

I love the packaging. I would be interested how this product performs after a month or two. Products for sensitive skin is always challenging because sensitive skin can react to everything.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 18, 2017 / 11:29 am

Yes it does, however his sensitivity flairs up to shaving not so much by putting something on his face but he needs to take extra TLC after shaving and what he’s putting on that area!

11. Chrissy Faery October 17, 2017 / 9:39 pm

Ooh! These sound like awesome products, and such great value too! I never knew that firemen have to be clean-shaven, but it makes sense! Your hubby is a hero! 🙂 xx

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 18, 2017 / 11:30 am

Awwww thank you!! He’s amazing!

12. Mayah Camara October 17, 2017 / 11:21 pm

Thanks for the great review, I’ll have to show this post to my brother to see what he’d think

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 18, 2017 / 11:31 am

worth it!!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 18, 2017 / 11:32 am

Yesss!!! Get those gifts bought early, they are a lovely gift idea because they look and feel so luxurious!!

13. Melanie October 18, 2017 / 10:40 am

Sounds like a great collection that would make a gorgeous gift :)x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 18, 2017 / 11:32 am

Absolutely!!

14. Afshan Nasim October 18, 2017 / 11:15 pm

I like the sound of this range. It is hard to find a good variety of toiletries for men and would make a great Father’s Day gift for him.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 19, 2017 / 10:11 am

Yes!! Couldn’t agree more!!

15. Jenny October 19, 2017 / 4:00 am

These sound like they’d be a great gift for my husband. He never buys his own skincare and always pinches my charcoal facewash. Now he can have his own!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 19, 2017 / 10:11 am

Hahaha these will be great for him then!!

16. Amy October 19, 2017 / 2:15 pm

These products sound like they make the perfect Christmas gifts! I never really look into skincare brands for men so this sounds great for my boyfriend…. Christmas sorted, haha x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 19, 2017 / 5:01 pm

Haha like seriously every man in my family is getting this collection for Christmas!! Sorted!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk October 26, 2017 / 3:59 pm

Yes exactly its so worth it!!