Lets Talk Breasts and Boux Avenue

Ladies, stand to attention because this one is just for you – & your carpets & rugs!!

img_0868-2-2

Lets start by explaining why on earth I’ve not been wearing proper bras for over a year!!! Well, I’m a mum. No I don’t mean that when you’re a mum all your nice underwear and lingerie becomes a thing of the past – I’ve been breastfeeding. I successfully breastfed for 1 year & 3 months. Even though it was a lovely experience I’m definitely more than pleased to have my breasts back! So, we took a shopping trip to Bluewater (where there is ample choice) to get me some nice, new, feminine, underwired bras. It honestly feels like a decade since I’ve treated these bad boys to a nice, soft cupped bed of heaven!

I actually felt a little nervous going bra shopping, its been a while, my breasts have changed size and shape a little since before so I was really clueless as to what I was looking for. I didn’t want to spend too much money (bras can be extortionate now), I was really unsure of where to start!

As I started to look at what shops I wanted to browse in I stumbled upon Boux Avenue. I’ve seen this shop around a few times but figured because it was an underwear and lingerie shop it’d be expensive, I was wrong! They actually had a big sale on this day, which was obviously a bonus! I walked straight into the sale section and to my surprise there are tons of beautiful bras in a variety of colours and sizes – When I’ve looked in sale rails before the sizes haven’t varied so much, and its usually the smaller sizes are that are left swinging on the hangers. Whats really different and exciting about Boux Avenue is the organisation, under each column of hanging bras are a bunch of slide out draws where you can find dozens of those same bras sectioned into their correct sizes, making your bra hunt a very easy one. For some reason it felt so much more special this way, or maybe thats just me!

IMG_0865-2

After choosing a few different styles to try on (in a size that I guessed for myself) I took myself over to the dressing rooms, this is where it gets really exciting!! A lady greeted me and took me through to a room, I was asked if I’d been there before to which I replied that I hadn’t and thats when she turned my attention to the light settings on the wall! Yes, different light settings in your own room to try on bras!!! There are 3 settings, Dawn, Dusk & Night, the buttons for each are on these really cute old vintage looking door bells. Just underneath on its own little table was an old vintage looking telephone, the kind lady told me if I needed anything at all I should pick up the phone, dial 1 and someone will be there to help me – I mean what amazing service!!

img_0867-2-2

So there I am in this nicely sized changing room with a huge mirror in front of me, trying on beautiful bras and messing with light settings, I’m feeling pretty pampered right now! I realised that the bras I was trying on just didn’t fit properly and I didn’t want to guess for myself again and get it wrong, so I picked up the phone, dialed 1 and – ‘Hello concierge…’!! I was offered a fitting so that I’d finally know what size bras I needed. The lady helping me was so lovely, she was very concerned with making my experience there a great one! She rushed around hundreds of times grabbing different styles, different colours and recommended picks she thought would be a great fit for me. I was even given tips on how to ensure I get the most out of my bras, and I was well informed on what the golden rules are for a perfect fitting bra.

IMG_0866-2

I was then given a bra fitting card with my new bra size on, the style bra recommended for me, my fitters name and some other information. I decided to browse around the store again after my fitting and the lady who’d been looking after me asked if she could help me find matching pants in the correct size – Honestly the service here goes beyond anything I’ve experienced before!

I felt so well informed and looked after at Boux Avenue. The staff were all lovely, very accommodating and they really make you feel welcome, this for me is exactly what I look for in good customer service! The lingerie is high quality, super comfortable and the elasticity is spot on! I’d recommend you all give your nearest Boux Avenue a try, I know I’ll be a regular from now on!

One of my biggest rules with lingerie shopping is that you always do it offline, bras and panties can look so different in person to how they look in a picture on the internet. You’ll often find that the materials and textures when shopping for underwear online is very different to what you actually get. Its similar to dress shopping, you need to try it before you buy it!!

1. stephanie July 10, 2016 / 12:28 pm

I’ve never tried Boux Avenue before but I will do now – its sounds like they know what they’re doing and they have great customer service!

• cheskaaanels July 10, 2016 / 12:34 pm

Oh absolutely! Its so worth it, the nicest experience I’ve ever had!

2. Em July 10, 2016 / 12:31 pm

I have heard of Boux Avenue but I have never been in for some reason and after reading this I really want too! The light settings sound amazing and also it can be so awkward of you need help but you have to get dressed to go and find someone so having a phone is exceptional customer service to me! I will definitely pay them a visit after reading this.

Em

• cheskaaanels July 10, 2016 / 12:35 pm

Yes exactly!! If was amazing service in there and I felt so comfortable the entire time it really was lush! I just want to go on another haul so I can prance around in the rooms changing the lighting again haha!

3. Jane @Elizabeth Chandler Jewellery July 10, 2016 / 3:29 pm

This is a post from the lovely lady in rose coloured glasses. Her article is spot on. I had a great experience here when shopping for honeymoon lingerie.

4. Jessica July 11, 2016 / 9:43 am

OMG YAS! Couldn’t agree with you more, went there to treat myself to a birthday present, you know, to me from me haha

Their sales are just great and the fitting rooms are the exciting part – although I do think I should get sized again – I think my size changes a lot :/ if that even makes sense haha

Thanks for sharing – it was a lovely read!

Jessica 🙂

• cheskaaanels July 11, 2016 / 9:44 am

Ahhh yes what a perfect birthday treat! Haha I LOVE this place so much!! Defo go there for a fitting 🙂 xox

5. Mellissa Williams July 11, 2016 / 3:45 pm

I love Boux Avenue. I actually won a competition with them when they first started and it was great picking some lovely lingerie for free

6. Louise Foster July 11, 2016 / 3:45 pm

I am returning to work in September and currently still in nursing bras (I discovered Freya’s under wired nursing bras this time. A revelation as I have a 34F bust). Having read your review I thought I would love to try out Boux Avenue but thought it wouldn’t be available in the North East. How wrong was I? I found one at the Metro Centre in Gateshead. I’ll be pencilling a visit in for some back to work bras for September. Thanks for a great post x

• cheskaaanels July 11, 2016 / 3:49 pm

Oooo yay so glad you found one! Honestly can’t recommend them enough! Xox

7. Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy July 11, 2016 / 4:06 pm

The first time I went for a bra fitting was like a revelation. I had been wearing the wrong bra for so many years!

8. cattynattybeauty July 25, 2016 / 2:24 pm

Omg lol I can totally relate. I’ve only been breastfeeding for 3 months now but I can’t wait to wear normal bras again!! ☺️😂

• cheskaaanels July 25, 2016 / 4:28 pm

Hahaha oh its luxury when you can again!

9. fashionmommywm July 30, 2016 / 10:29 am

I love Boux Avenue, the swimwear is lovely and I love the general feel of the store, so pretty and girlie.

• cheskaaanels July 30, 2016 / 11:49 am

I only realised yesterday that they did swimwear!! Such a win! And yes I agree its so lush inside!

10. Rachel Shawcross August 24, 2016 / 8:50 pm

Such pretty bra’s that they do, but sadly not my size, well that I have seen x

• cheskaaanels August 24, 2016 / 9:27 pm

No! Really? What size are you? When I took my trip there I was surprised by their huge array of sizes!

11. Claire August 26, 2016 / 11:38 am

Love a cute, pretty bra! So glad you found something you like!

• cheskaaanels August 26, 2016 / 11:48 am

Me too!! Thanks you have to try them out!

12. Rhian Westbury August 26, 2016 / 4:08 pm

What amazing service, we have a Boux Avenue in my local shopping centre so I’ll definitely need to check it out! Bet you’re so glad to wear normal bra’s again x

• cheskaaanels August 26, 2016 / 5:14 pm

Ahhh it really was! I’m yet to take a trip back but I can’t wait haha! Oh yes I really am I feel much more lady like again!! Xox

13. Colette B August 26, 2016 / 6:13 pm

I hate bra shopping – I’ve always found it really difficult and even more so since breastfeeding when the shape of my boobs has changed so much that nothing seems to really flatter them any more!

• cheskaaanels August 26, 2016 / 6:16 pm

Thats exactly why I was dreading it and luckily at boux avenue the care was so good they found bras that suit my breast size and shape after breastfeeding! Its worth a trip in there!!

14. annalisanuttall August 26, 2016 / 7:23 pm

I love Boux Avenue – especially their underwear. I really need to take a look to see what is new. xx

15. hann182014 August 26, 2016 / 9:16 pm

I’ve never bought anything in Boux Avenue, been past there a few times x

16. MELANIE EDJOURIAN August 26, 2016 / 9:49 pm

I haven’t tried their bras before but the one you chose it lovely.

• cheskaaanels August 26, 2016 / 9:53 pm

Thank you! Thats just one of them they are amazing in there!

17. Rachel August 27, 2016 / 12:40 am

Boux Avenue is one of my favourite places for underwear, great quality bras and always beautiful designs! xo

• cheskaaanels August 27, 2016 / 9:15 am

Ahhh yes! You’ve seen the light haha I’m glad someone agrees!

18. Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy August 27, 2016 / 8:51 am

That bra is so pretty! I keep meaning to try this brand, but I will have to wait until I am out of maternity bras.

• cheskaaanels August 27, 2016 / 9:16 am

Well I’d definitely recommend going there after breastfeeding as you read for me it was a great experience!!

19. helerinablogs August 27, 2016 / 9:24 am

Although there is one near me I’ve never tried Boux Avenue before (I’d also presumed it would be expensive)
    Definitely going to try it after reading this, the service sounds amazing…..and I want to play with the lights too lol!

• cheskaaanels August 27, 2016 / 11:28 am

Hahaha the lights has to be my fave part!!

20. hannahhowell912 August 27, 2016 / 1:37 pm

I definitely need to get a bra from this brand soon!

21. Georgia August 28, 2016 / 10:16 pm

It’s not often I hear good story from a bra fitting room. Boux Avenue service sounds fantastic. Getting your bra fitted is scary, well nerve wracking, for me. I’m glad you had such an amazing experience and that you have something comfortable and beautiful to put your lady lumps in.

• cheskaaanels August 28, 2016 / 10:39 pm

Haha I love this response!! Oh its always so nerve wracking for me also, hence why I choose to guess, but the service here was amazing! I can’t fault them!

22. Annie B September 1, 2016 / 8:30 pm

This company are just amazing. I have so many wonderful things from them, including pyjamas. I do really need to branch out more with my lingerie though.

23. Cecilia Keinapel September 2, 2016 / 9:00 pm

Wow this store sounds amazing, and their service is like royal treatment! I will definitely have a look next time I’m shopping in Blue Water!

24. laurahartleyy September 3, 2016 / 3:35 pm

I’ve always liked the look of Boux Avenue underwear! Great to hear that the service is so great too. I’ll have to go in for a fitting 🙂

• cheskaaanels September 3, 2016 / 3:39 pm

Definitely! Get yourself in there and experience it yourself – amazing!