When I tell people my age I often get the classic, patronising ‘oh you’re still a baby’ remarks that I role my eyes at whilst still trying to sport a smile as not to be too rude, but a lot can happen in 24 years. We all have different life paths and we for sure all encounter different experiences and situations. I’ve met older people that haven’t experienced quite as much as myself and I’ve also met younger people that have experinced way more than I have! Its hard to gauge where you should be in terms of life and learning along the way, but as long as you take something away with you from each experience you’re definitely doing life!
How much can you say you’ve learned in your life time? Here are some of the most important things I think I’ve learned so far…
1. Your past doesn’t have to determine your future.
2. You can only do YOUR best & if thats not enough there is nothing more you can do.
3. Not everyone will like you and thats okay.
4. Things change, so do people, thats also okay.
5. You create your own happiness.
6. Life really is what you make it.
7. Eating too much pizza is probably not the best idea! (Personal fave not that I take my own advice on this one!)
8. No expectations, no dissapointment.
9. Live the life only YOU want to live, not the life thats expected of you.
10. If you let people treat you like crap, they will continue to.
11. Always do what you think is right, but be aware that there are always consequences even if you think you’re doing the right thing.
12. Friends come and go.
13. Trust shouldn’t be given freely.
14. Sometimes its hard not to but try not to judge, you don’t know the whole story.
15. Everything happens for a reason.
16. Take life at your own pace.
17. You can overcome anything with a strong mind and heart.
18. Not everything in life is easy but its almost always worth it.
19. If you’re determined enough, you’ll find a way.
20. If you’re surrounded by unsupportive, negative people cut ties & surround yourself in positivity.
21. Independence is the most important life skill.
22. Be who you really are.
23. Having an ugly heart will do you no favours, be the best version of yourself.
24. Love life in the ups AND the downs!