Sometimes I get a little sad that I was born here in the UK instead of America where everything is 10x bigger and over the top – Yes, I am referring to the food! If you didn’t know already I’m a foodie, I can’t help but love food especially terribly-bad-for-you sweet treats. I’m one of those people that HAS to have something sweet after a meal, its a bad habit that has engrained itself into me and the reason that diets never go down so well! One of my all time favourite desserts is cheesecake, unfortunately it’s one of the few desserts thats rarely executed well here in the UK (well not anywhere I’ve been anyway). I blame my high standards on a trip I took to America were we visited The Cheesecake Factory! This place is where you’ll find the BEST cheesecakes you will ever eat in your life!!! I have since been on the hunt for an amazing cheesecake recipe thats easy enough to make at home, and luckily I think I found one!
I’ve adapted the original recipe to make it my own by including Oreo cookies & caramel sauce – I know, it sounds pretty awesome!!
4 Packs of Oreo Cookies
4 tbsp Melted Butter
450ml Heavy Whipping Cream
450g Cream Cheese
130g Caster Sugar
Pinch Of Salt
1-2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1. Blitz two packs of Oreo cookies preferably in a food processor for finer, less chunkier results. Once your cookies look like fine crumbs place them into a bowl & add your melted butter, mix thoroughly. Now place this mixture into your rounded cheesecake dish, evenly spread the mixture out and press down firmly. This will be your cheesecake base.
2. Place your whipping cream into another bowl and whisk until peaks form, the texture of the cream will look more solid now. In a separate bowl cream your cream cheese using a rubber spatular until smooth, you’ll now need to add your sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract & a pinch of salt.
3. Now fold your whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture until it is all distributed evenly. Carefully crush the last two packs of Oreo cookies this time not into fine crumbs but chunkier pieces and add 2/3 of them to your white cheesecake mix.
4. Pour half of your cheesecake mix into your tin (on top of your base) and spread out evenly. Now using your caramel sauce DRIZZLE this onto your mixture but be careful not to use too much as this will make the mixture runny & it will not set! Continue to add the second half of your cheesecake mix to the tin, evenly spread again.
5. Finally top your cheesecake with the left over Oreo chunks & again drizzle with more caramel sauce. place your cheesecake in the fridge and leave to set overnight.
Note: If the cheesecake isn’t left to set over night you will not have a cheesecake texture!!
This is the prefect recipe for any future parties or dinner dates you might have, your guests will adore you for it!!