My Favorite Nudes & Where To Find Them!

I grew up in the 90’s at a time where it was acceptable to walk out of the house wearing bright blue mascara, bold unblended eyeshadow and shit tons of body glitter – Oh how times have changed! Everyone nowadays is primed to perfection, contouring and baking their faces, blending the shit out of their eyeshadow and wearing lush nude lips! Makeup and beauty has definitely changed for the better but my 90’s photos will always be there to haunt me! The nude lip trend is one of my favourites and I don’t see that changing anytime soon, not if Kylie Jenner has anything to do with it anyway!

Since there are so many shades of nude I know the struggle of finding that perfect one – which is why I have so many!! I’ve made it my mission to seek out the best in nude lips so that you don’t have faff about finding the right one for you, thank me later!

NYX lip pencil – Sugar Glass

I know this is a lip pencil but its such a perfect shade that I use it as an all over colour. This is my favourite nude of all! I found Sugar Glass on a whim really, there I was scanning the shelves at the NYX counter in boots, I wasn’t going to buy anything else but as soon as I swatched it I knew I HAD to have it! I fell in love, and I still fall in love with it every time I use it! Obviously you get a matte finish with this one and you also get a really lengthly wear time, I can go hours before needing to touch it up. If you buy any nude lip wear this year, this has got to be the one!!

Kiko Unlimited Stylo – Natural Beige

What I love about the unlimited stylo is that it feels really creamy and hydrating when first applied, this dries matte and has the best wear time!! – I can literally eat a huge burger and when all the demolishing is complete my lipstick is still in tact! Natural Beige is more of a neutral looking nude than a pink/brown nude so it stands out from all the others you’ll find at the makeup counter. Kiko is also known for its great value so you really can’t go wrong with their winning formula and competitive prices. I wear this when I’m after a more natural look, its perfect for those days when you’re feeling like you don’t want to bother, but you do at the same time and another perk – this shade looks great on a large range of skin tones!

Jeffree Star – Mannequinn

I’ve heard great things about Jeffree Star Cosmetics. The stand out product seems to be his velour liquid lipstick, and now I know why! I noticed Beautybay were selling them so I ran at the chance to try the formula for myself, its now a HUGE favourite of mine! The Velour liquid lipstick almost feels as if you’re not actually putting any product on to your lips, its such a silky smooth formula. I love how light and natural this one feels on your lips, sometimes lipsticks can feel quite suffocating but this is unlike anything I have tried before! Again this is one that dries matte and has an amazing wear time!! Mannequinn is much more on the pinkier side of the nude spectrum than the others but its definitely one that you need in your life!

1. Jessica | growchangeaccept March 13, 2017 / 12:09 pm

Can’t deny a good ok’ nude lipstick. Love NYX and Kiko for lipsticks and lip liners and very reasonable prices too! Haven’t heard of the last one but I’ll trust your judgement and hope to make a purchase soon because I love these shades and just in time for spring!

Jessica | growchangeaccept.co.uk

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 13, 2017 / 12:15 pm

I know its so spring inspired!!! I love a nude lip its all I’m wearing at the moment but these are absolutely my go too shades for nudes!! The Jeffree star mannequinn shade is amazing honestly you need this in you life!

2. Sarah Bailey March 13, 2017 / 12:13 pm

I really like all three of these shades of nude, especially the Natural Beige. I’ve never tried Jeffree Star but the velour liquid lipstick sounds amazing! Putting that one on my must-try list x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 13, 2017 / 12:22 pm

I love Natural beige!!! Oh yes the Jeffree star liquid lipsticks are a must have for sure I’m pretty sure no one could dislike them!!!

3. Stephanie Merry March 13, 2017 / 12:17 pm

I love wearing a nude lip. My favourite is the Kate for Rimmel nude lipsticks but these look amazing too! x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 13, 2017 / 12:20 pm

Ooo I haven’t tried that one!! I did have a couple Kate Lipsticks from Rimmel but wasn’t too keen one them but I haven’t tried the matte collection of them!

4. Lynne Harper March 13, 2017 / 12:39 pm

I had such a giggle about the blue mascara I can’t believe I used to wear it. I’m a massive lover of nude lippies they really suit my pale skin tone. I love the 3 you have listed here x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 13, 2017 / 1:10 pm

Hahaha any time I think back to blue mascara I wonder why we all did it! haha! I’m glad you love nudes as much as I do! These shades are awesome!

5. Melanie March 13, 2017 / 12:48 pm

Really fab post, clear with great piccys too. Thank you 🙂

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 13, 2017 / 1:10 pm

Thank you lovely! Pleased you like it! xox

6. StressedMum March 13, 2017 / 2:24 pm

I love these shades, they are the colours I go for and have similar in my make up bag. I used to wear blue mascara in the 80’s along with my blue eyeliner x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 13, 2017 / 3:09 pm

Hahaha I love that I also remember blue liner!!

7. Natasha March 13, 2017 / 3:15 pm

I love nude lipsticks, I find them way easier to wear that darks, I guess because I don’t have to clean up with concealer after! #Lazy.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 13, 2017 / 5:35 pm

Hahaha if there is a quicker way around something I’m all for it!!

8. Yaya March 13, 2017 / 3:25 pm

What gorgeous colours! I love the different shades of nude, but my favourites are those that can adapt to different skin tones as my skin shade changes a lot within the seasons. x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 13, 2017 / 5:37 pm

Well the kiko lipstick sounds like it would suit you then since that suits a lot of skin tones!!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 13, 2017 / 5:57 pm

Thank you!!

9. Lisa prince March 13, 2017 / 5:44 pm

omg wow these are definitely my sort of shades i would wear myself i need to invest

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 13, 2017 / 5:57 pm

They are all great and not pricey either!! Worth every penny!

10. danasia fantastic March 13, 2017 / 5:56 pm

It’s so hard picking the right nudes, but I really like the ones you chose.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 13, 2017 / 5:58 pm

I know there are so many nudes now!! Sugar glass is by far my fave it looks amazing on!!

11. Ana De- Jesus March 13, 2017 / 6:14 pm

Nyx do some of my fave nude lippies and I have been dying to get my hands on Jefree Star for ages!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 14, 2017 / 6:16 pm

Oh you must!!! The velour lipsticks are the bomb!!!

12. hannah March 14, 2017 / 8:50 am

I love the 90s and these colors look great. I like to wear nudes if i’m wearing a dramatic eyeshadow

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 14, 2017 / 6:19 pm

Yeah same here I often go bold on the lips and eyes for a night out but if I have a lot of eye makeup on I prefer a nude for the day time!

13. Rhian Westbury March 14, 2017 / 10:32 am

My favourite nude is lolita 2 from Kat Von D’s liquid lipstick range or charlotte Tilbury stoned rose as it’s so hydrating x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 14, 2017 / 6:20 pm

I want that kat von D shade so bad!!!! Its on my list!!

14. Fashion and Style Police March 15, 2017 / 7:49 am

Nudes never look good on me. Yet to find the right nude shade for my skin tone but these suit yours so well.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 15, 2017 / 9:23 am

Oh no!! Well with natural beige it does suit a large range of skin tones but there is definitely space in the market for nudes in darker tones xox

15. Jenny March 15, 2017 / 12:15 pm

Oh I love the packaging on the Jeffrey star one. I need some new lipsticks I’ll check these out

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 15, 2017 / 9:15 pm

Yes The packaging is so lush!!

16. Anosa March 15, 2017 / 3:35 pm

Nyx cosmetics is one of the brand I consider as part of my make-up regimen. Thinking of giving it a try on the beige one.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 15, 2017 / 9:16 pm

Thanks I love NYX!

17. Lubka Henry March 15, 2017 / 6:03 pm

These are some very pretty nude lip shades. I like the look of them all.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 15, 2017 / 9:16 pm

Yeah they are also lovely and can be worn at different times of the day and for any occasion so worth the buy!

18. fashionmommy March 15, 2017 / 9:22 pm

I love a nude lip on everyone else, but on me I feel half dead!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 16, 2017 / 12:15 pm

If I go really pale nude I get that feeling every time but thats why its important to find the right nude for you!

19. Rachel March 16, 2017 / 1:32 am

I love a good nude lipstick and own way too many but I’ve not got any of these! They all look really nice! xo

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 16, 2017 / 12:15 pm

Oh you should totally invest!! These are gorgeous on!!

20. Rachael Phillips March 16, 2017 / 5:16 pm

i can’t believe i dont own any nude stuff! i need to up my collection!!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 16, 2017 / 6:12 pm

Oh wow I can’t believe it either!! These are must haves!!

21. Dannii March 19, 2017 / 11:09 am

When it comes to lips, I always like to keep it nude. I’m not a massive fan of bright lips on me.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 19, 2017 / 7:49 pm

I love nudes!! I like dark bold colours too but not too fond on going too bright either!

22. fectopia March 23, 2017 / 8:08 pm

Nude lips are in for the win in my opinion, really love the NYx one!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk March 24, 2017 / 9:17 am

Ahhh its such a beaut shade!!