Theres a reason why Easter is such a favourite holiday for so many of us – Its the only time of year that we can eat our own body weight in chocolate and not feel bad about it!! And for those of us with small children, nephews, nieces, brothers and sisters we have an extra excuse – it wouldn’t be fair on their poor teeth to eat too much chocolate so its only right to help them out!! Am I wrong?! I love making sweet treats, but I prefer making no bake treats the most, they’re quick, easy and in the busyness of day to day they don’t set you back hours when you have hundreds of other things you need to be getting on with! If you missed my no bake Oreo cheesecake recipe make sure you catch up, its a great one for dinner parties, birthdays and any other occasion actually, so with BBQ season fast approaching its one that your friends will be drooling over!
I usually make Chocolate fridge cake otherwise known as rocky road just after Christmas when we have loads of biscuits, nuts, dried fruits and other sweet snacks in the house that need to be eaten! I thought Since its Easter it’d be a great my excuse to make another, so I’ve jazzed it up and made it really naughty too! This recipe is really kid friendly as long as an adult is helping, so say goodbye to the Easter holidays boredom blues and hello to your rocky road saviour!!
What you’ll need –
150g Milk Chocolate
150g Dark Chocolate
150g Golden Syrup
250g Digestive biscuits
A handful of nuts (I like pecans)
A small handful of Raisins
A small handful of mini marshmallows
A small handful of sweet popcorn
- Firstly you’ll need to crush your digestives into big chunks. Now line your tray or ceramic dish with cling film leaving enough over the sides.
- Pop the butter, chocolate and golden syrup into a pyrex bowl and melt over a pan of water. make sure to stir occasionally.
- When the mixture has fully melted and looks smooth, add your biscuits, nuts, raisins, popcorn and marshmallows and stir in making sure everything is coated in the chocolate mixture.
- Now place your mix into the dish and spread it out to fit the dish.
- Finally top your rocky road with Mini eggs, popcorn, mini marshmallows and sprinkles before it sets and once complete place into your fridge over night!
Such an easy and yummy no bake treat for all, now enjoy!!