Oh K! – Korean beauty Face Masks

By now everyone has heard of or even delved into the world of Korean beauty. South Korea is said to be 12 years ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to all things beauty and thats what inspired Oh K! The entire Oh K collection is inspired by their love of Korea, they wanted the brand to capture the essence of K-Beauty style making them quirky, cute and playful to look at! Personally I think they definitely achieve the look they are going for, the packaging is always so perfect and its initially what drew me to the brand. The Oh K team spent over two years researching and developing their products so that they could offer high performing, on trend products that we’ll love! You’ll probably be pleased to know that Oh K are a brand thats cruelty free, yes they even check their manufacturers too! South Korea are currently trying to faze out animal testing so that they can be totally cruelty free in the beauty world by 2018 – Oh K are totally doing it right!!

On one of my many online beauty shopping hauls I found Oh K, like I said before initially it was the packaging that caught my eye, the mix of bold and light colouring, the cute lettering and placement and of course the cute little panda that peers over the edge of the packets!! What really intrigued me though was how different the products are, I spotted their snail sheet mask and instantly wanted to know more, even if I was slightly apprehensive, I mean no one likes snail slime do they? After reading descriptions on quite a few of their products I decided that I really needed to try some so I opted for two masks just to get me started, the Gold Dust Hydrogel Mask and the Snail Sheet Mask.

Gold Dust Hydrogel Mask

Being the scaredy cat that I am I first tested out the Gold hydrogel mask, I’d tried something similar in the past and well, the no slime thing obviously pushed this one higher on my list of things to try out! I took the mask out of the pack and placed it onto my face, it wasn’t until half way in when the mask was slipping down my face that I realised the white sheet over the gel mask was suppose to come off!! The mask stayed in place after that. This mask didn’t have any noticeable smell to it, it was cold and felt quite wet but thats nothing that I wouldn’t usually expect, so I left the mask on for about 20 minutes whilst scanning my Twitter timeline and before I knew it I could take the mask off. There was a serum like residue left on my skin which according to the packet you’re suppose to massage into your skin. The serum sunk into my skin really well and left my face with a fresh feeling to it.

I have to admit that with this mask I couldn’t really tell much of a difference in the appearance of my skin. It felt a little more supple than usual straight after use but other than that I can’t say I noticed any changes! My skin stayed pretty much the same which was a bit of a disappointment but I didn’t really know what I was expecting either. Sadly the Gold Dust Hydrogel Mask isn’t one that I’d be jumping at buying again but I wasn’t going to let that stop me from trying the snail sheet mask I was now eager to use!

Snail sheet mask

The snail sheet mask is unlike any I’d ever tried down to its very unusual ingredient of snail secretion, in other words that slime trail that snails leave behind – the thought of it really does make me feel uncomfortable! I felt really nervous about trying this one, I wasn’t under any doubt about how well the mask would work but the thought of popping a bit of snail slime on my face meant I had to mentally prepare myself. I opened the packet, took out the folded mask and began to unfold it, at this point the mask felt so wet that I had to try to stop myself from thinking about the ingredients. I decided to just go for it and put it on my face as fast as I could, it wasn’t bad at all I’d definitely hyped it up way more in head than I needed to. With the mask being so wet it made me feel quite cold for the duration it was on, but 15-20 minutes I could live with. Again with this mask I couldn’t noticeably smell an odour to it, it felt just like any ordinary sheet mask. When taking off the sheet mask it left quite a lot of serum behind that I rubbed into skin like the previous one.

After use my skin felt really soft and refreshed, I have very dry skin so keeping it moisturised and well looked after makes a huge difference and this mask is one that really helped with that process! My skin felt really hydrated after use and I didn’t feel as if I needed to follow up with any moisturiser! I’m absolutely going to be investing in more of the Snail Sheet Masks, especially now I can get over the slimey fact!

Oh K have a really cute, varied beauty range from face masks to temporary tattoos but thats not all, Oh K also have a lifestyle range that you’ll absolutely love an adore if you’re into kawaii stationary!! I know where I’ll be spending my money on pay day!!

1. MELANIE EDJOURIAN August 18, 2017 / 3:29 pm

I know what you mean about having to mentally prepare before using h snail product. I have to do that too and the thought is just really strange.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk August 20, 2017 / 4:56 pm

It really is but it reaps benefits!!

2. Sarah Bailey August 18, 2017 / 3:51 pm

I used a snail product a few years ago and I loved it! I wouldn’t have known it was snail bar the fact it said and it seemed to work really well with my skin. I may have to give that snail mask a try and see how it works for me.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk August 20, 2017 / 4:57 pm

Oh you totally should Sarah its lovely!

3. Joanna August 18, 2017 / 5:33 pm

Like the sound of the gold dusk mask. I’d definitely try both out though as i do love trying out new products.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk August 20, 2017 / 4:57 pm

Shame it didn’t work for me!

4. Tori August 18, 2017 / 7:19 pm

I love sheet masks. I think, like you, I’d be a little apprehensive at the thought of snail slime but the effects sound amazing enough to get over it!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk August 20, 2017 / 4:57 pm

Exactly they really do its so worth it!!

5. five little doves August 18, 2017 / 10:54 pm

These sound great! Snail slime sounds a bit freaky but if it leaves your skin looking good then I’d give it a try!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk August 20, 2017 / 4:57 pm

Right, its worth a shot and my face felt so good after!!

6. Mel August 19, 2017 / 1:44 pm

These sound like great masks – I understand the apprehension re: snail slime but I’ve heard such good things about snail products!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk August 20, 2017 / 4:58 pm

Same here hence wanting to try it and I’m glad I have now!

7. Mummy Times Two August 19, 2017 / 8:45 pm

Oh goodness, snail slime. I’m glad it worked though can well imagine that it took mental preparation to get it done x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk August 20, 2017 / 4:59 pm

Hahaha it really did I didn’t want to breath for a while incase there was a weird smell that would constantly remind me of what I put on my face but luckily not!

8. Jenni August 20, 2017 / 11:39 am

Oh my! Snail slime! You’re brave to try that one. I would have completely freaked out haha! Maybe I will try it out someday, after I mentally prepare myself too. After all, it works so it’s got to be worth a try?

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk August 20, 2017 / 4:59 pm

It really is worth it Jenni once you get over the slime thing you forget about it and crack on!

9. Helen August 20, 2017 / 2:12 pm

I’ve heard so much about snail secretions in beauty products recently and everything I’ve read has been so positive. I want to give it a go myself….just not sure I can get over the fact its snails! Oh K sounds a great place to shop, I’ll definitely have a look on their site next time I’m beauty shopping.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk August 20, 2017 / 5:00 pm

This is a great place to start with snail products!! Once you whack the mask on you forget all about whats in it!

10. Nichola - Globalmouse August 20, 2017 / 6:59 pm

Oh….eek, when I first read this I thought, no way could I try that. I have to say by the end I’m now thinking maybe I should give it a try!! I love that Korea are so far ahead with beauty products, I’ll definitely look out for these, thank you!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk August 25, 2017 / 11:25 am

Ooo well let me know if you do try any!! They really are worth it!

11. Whatlauraloves August 20, 2017 / 11:36 pm

I absolutely LOVE face masks and will give anything a go- snail or no snail!! xx

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk August 25, 2017 / 11:26 am

Hahaha I love that!!

12. Jen August 21, 2017 / 8:44 am

I’m afraid that I wouldn’t be willing to use something like this, due to the animal product, which I do try to avoid as much as possible.
    Shame the gold dust mask wasn’t as fab as it sounds. I tried something that sounds similar at a health spa once, and it was fab.

13. Emily Leary August 21, 2017 / 11:47 am

The second one sounds great – it’s amazing how many things in nature can be good for the body and skin!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk August 25, 2017 / 11:26 am

Right!!? I always think that natural products make my skin feel so radiant!

14. Danielle August 21, 2017 / 8:53 pm

I have been hearing so much about these. I haven’t used a face mask since I was about 12, but I will have to give it a try.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk August 25, 2017 / 11:26 am

Definitely should!

15. Jess August 24, 2017 / 2:15 pm

Ive only recently tried the Tony Moly snail mask so I’m quite intrigued by the Oh K ones! I’ve seen the brand stocked in Paperchase weirdly enough. I’ll have to pick one up next time I’m in.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk August 25, 2017 / 11:27 am

Omg Paperchase!? Haha now that is weird!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 2, 2017 / 4:01 pm

You and James should absolutely try the snail masks!!! LOVE THEM!