LVL Lash lift treatment – What is it & is it worth it??

As a child I grew up with people often telling me how lovely my big eyes were and how jealous they were of my long lashes but that seems to have all withered away, now my lashes are tiny and they don’t have much of a curve either making it look like I have no lashes at all when I’m not wearing any mascara! One of the big deterrents to go makeup free is due to my lack of long, whispy eyelashes, I always feel much more myself and transformed when I’ve put mascara on and as far as makeup and beauty goals go long lashes are a necessity. I don’t know about you but my Instagram timeline is packed full of eye makeup tutorials and pictures of girls with these amazingly thick, full, long lashes and I envy them all, hence my big lash collection! On nights out and special occasions I often whack out a pack of my strip lashes, I love fake eyelashes but I don’t love them 24/7, I could never be one of those girls that wears fake lashes every single day, they annoy me and feel so unnatural since I’m use to having barely anything there. I’ve looked into lash extensions but have always drawn the same conclusion, that they’d end up annoying me, so I was under the impression that I’d just have to embrace what my momma gave me and crack on trying to find a mascara that will suffice, that was until I heard about LVL lash lifts!

I know a few people who have had lash lifts but I’ve always heard a mixed bag of reviews. I’ve researched lash lifts for myself looking at photo after photo of before and after shots envying those that look really natural, so when Lash perfect Lash bar invited me down to their beauty HQ in Warwick Street, Soho I jumped at the opportunity!

What is an LVL Lash Lift?

An LVL lash lift treatment is a lash enhancing treatment that is designed to lengthen, volumise and lift your existing lashes.

What is the treatment process of an LVL lash lift?

Laying down on a treatment bench your lash technician will guard your lower lashes using an adhesive under eye patch. They will then apply another adhesive shield on the eyelid that your upper natural lashes will then be bonded to. Next they will apply a perming solution to your lashes for a matter of minutes (this is the stinky part, prepare your nose for the unwanted odour), this solution is what makes your eyelashes more flexible in order to re-shape. Then another solution is applied to the lashes, again this is left on for several minutes and its the process that strengthens your lashes in their new lifted position. Finally a tint is applied to the lashes so that they appear darker (mascara like) and your lift is complete. From here all eye shields are removed and a clear gel is applied to your eyelashes. All in all the treatment should last from 45-55 minutes.

Whats the aftercare once I’ve had an LVL lash lift?

Aftercare for a lash lift is pretty straight forward since you’re dealing with natural lashes. For the first 24 hours you shouldn’t get your lashes wet, this includes no swimming, no saunas or steam rooms and if you absolutely NEED to wear mascara you should only apply a thin coat. After the first 24 hours you should treat your lashes in the same way that you usually would.

How often do I need to have an LVL lash lift?

Since a lash lift is very similar to a hair perm you should only have the treatment done every 6-8 weeks, no time before!!

On average how much does an LVL lash lift cost?

On average you’d be looking to spend anything from £40-55 for a lash lift treatment. At Lash Perfect Lash Bar you can expect to pay £42 for the procedure without a tint and £52 if you want the tint included.

My experience with having my first ever lash lift with the team at Lash Perfect Lash Bar was amazing, my lash technician made me feel really welcome which helped during the treatment since we were chatting the whole time, it felt like my treatment was over with in no time! I also felt as though I was in safe hands with my technician since she was really confident with the procedure and was able to talk me through each step, she even advised that I didn’t need a lash tint since my lashes are naturally very dark already. I’m a total lash lift convert now, after my treatment I was so surprised at the appearance of my newly enhanced lashes, I’d be crazy not to have this done regularly! In the photo above you can see me after having my lash treatment, I’m so impressed!

Thank you Lash perfect lash bar for making the most out of my natural lashes and giving me back the confidence to go makeup free again (when I’m feeling brave)!

To see a before an after shot pop over to this post on Twitter

*This is a sponsored post however all thoughts, words and opinions are 100% my own!

1. Vanessa September 4, 2017 / 6:14 pm

Love your blog dear! x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 4, 2017 / 6:53 pm

Thank you so much!! xox

2. Sarah Bailey September 4, 2017 / 6:31 pm

I have to admit I feel the same about my lashes I’m not sure where they went, this sounds like a really interesting treatment. It doesn’t cost as much as I thought it would either and it is great to hear you liked it.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 4, 2017 / 6:53 pm

Its definitely so worth it I’m so happy with mine I wonder why I didn’t do it sooner!! So worth the cost too for every 2 months!

3. Melanie September 4, 2017 / 8:03 pm

Your lash lift looks great and has clearly worked, but when I had mine done at a different place near me it did not work at all. The salon have done you a great job – Stunning 🙂 x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 5, 2017 / 12:49 pm

Thats really unusual that it wouldn’t work at all!! I’ve not heard of that happening before, but you should definitely try another place its so worth it when it does work!

4. Super Busy Mum September 4, 2017 / 8:52 pm

This looks like a great treatment for anyone who felt they needed it – your lashes look great too!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 5, 2017 / 12:49 pm

Thank you so much!! I love them now and I can’t believe the difference!

5. Lily September 4, 2017 / 8:57 pm

Your eyes are stunning! I’m so glad you had a great experience getting your lash lift done. I know some people who have had really horrible times with theirs. I’ve never had to consider getting one though as my eye lashes have always been long and full. My brows may not be on point, but at least my lashes have my back :’)

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 5, 2017 / 12:51 pm

Oh thats amazing, I wish mine were naturally great but I’m glad I’ve found something that works great for me! Ooo microblading for eyebrows is great I really want mine done and funnily enough Lash perfect lash bar where I had my lift done has now introduced microblading!

6. Elodie September 4, 2017 / 8:59 pm

I used to get LVL done years ago and I loved it! My lashes are naturally fair, short and dead straight so it was perfect for me! Although I now use Lilash, which helps grow my lashes, make them thicker and somehow even gives me a bit of a curl but now I wonder what would happen if I got an LVL treatment done on top of using the serum.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 5, 2017 / 12:51 pm

Thats amazing I didn’t even know it had been an available treatment for so long!! The serum thing sounds fab though!

7. Fritha Strickland September 4, 2017 / 9:19 pm

oh wow I’ve never heard of this but your lashes look amazing! I’m quite lucky that I have quite long and thick lashes but this looks like a fab option x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 5, 2017 / 12:52 pm

It really is a brilliant treatment I’m so glad I’ve had it done!

8. five little doves September 4, 2017 / 10:30 pm

Oh I would LOVE to try this! My lashes are nowhere near what they used to be, having kids literally destroyed every bit of me! I’d love a thicker eyelash, and a curl would be perfect!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 5, 2017 / 12:53 pm

This is absolutely the treatment for you then!! I can’t recommend it enough I’m impressed every day!

9. Ana September 5, 2017 / 1:54 am

I actually never knew that there was such a thing as a lash lift but I am so pleased that it gave you the confidence. You look beautiful x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 5, 2017 / 12:53 pm

Thank you so much beautiful girl!! I’m loving my lash lift!

10. Anosa September 5, 2017 / 7:04 am

Having good lashes really makes a difference to our faces. Good to know that the output and the service is worth it. Definitely no make up looks moving forward.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 5, 2017 / 12:54 pm

Yes they really do I’m forever saying that and thats why I prefer the way I look when I have longer looking lashes!! The treatment is well worth it!

11. Gareth Torrance September 5, 2017 / 8:02 am

I think my OH would love to try this. She is really picky about her lashes…

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 5, 2017 / 12:54 pm

Let her know how great it is!! My experience has been amazing!

12. Rhian Westbury September 5, 2017 / 9:57 am

That’s good that you’ve found something to make you feel better about your own lashes, I don’t have the biggest lashes but they’re also not too light. My boyfriend has great lashes though and I am so jealous x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 5, 2017 / 12:55 pm

I’m so jealous, most men have amazing lashes I’m always jealous!! My two sons have the most incredible lashes too!

13. Sally Akins September 5, 2017 / 12:34 pm

What on earth happens to our lashes as we grow up? I had lovely long curled ones when I was little and now they look dreadful. I’m definitely considering a lash lift after seeing your results!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 5, 2017 / 12:55 pm

I know its like once we get older everything decided to start playing up!! I highly recommend the lash lift its impressed me so much!!

14. Stephanie Merry September 5, 2017 / 2:39 pm

I recently had this done and loved the results – I’m now a convert x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 5, 2017 / 5:48 pm

Same!! So glad I’ve found a fellow convert haha Its lovely isn’t it!?

15. Angela Ricardo Bethea September 5, 2017 / 5:11 pm

I’ve about this lash lift before and I’d say it does a great job in making your eyes pop. It can be quite pricey but if you feel like its worth it then yeah gotta do it. ^^

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 5, 2017 / 5:48 pm

I think £42 every 2 months is really good definitely worth it in my case!

16. Ashleigh Dougherty September 5, 2017 / 7:46 pm

I was thinking this morning that I might book myself in for a lash lift soon. Your review has sold me!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 6, 2017 / 7:02 pm

Absolutely can’t recommend it enough!!

17. Mel September 5, 2017 / 9:31 pm

Your lashes look amazing! I’ve never had such a treatment but I would definitely consider it

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 6, 2017 / 7:02 pm

Its amazing I’m still really impressed!!

18. Dannii September 5, 2017 / 10:23 pm

I would love to try something like this. I barley have any lashes and mascara doesn’t really make any difference.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 6, 2017 / 7:03 pm

Thats exactly how I felt!! This is the treatment for you!!

19. Nichola - Globalmouse September 6, 2017 / 7:28 am

I love the idea of having this done and to be honest I thought it would cost more so it’s definitely something I would comsider.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 6, 2017 / 7:03 pm

Yes same here I’m really happy with the price to be honest!

20. Lauretta at Home and Horizon September 6, 2017 / 9:51 am

Wow, you look so pretty with your lashes done. This is just interesting! I’m sure a lot of women will try this.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 6, 2017 / 7:04 pm

Thank you!! Yes its definitely a well worth it treatment!

21. Baby Isabella September 6, 2017 / 12:18 pm

It sounds intriguing but a little too expensive for my mummy, glad it worked on you but for the time being we might stick to mascara and lash serum x Maybe when we are more flush! x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 6, 2017 / 7:05 pm

Haha I wish I was flush!! We live on a 1 person income and are a family of 4 but paying £42 every 2 months is totally do-able and worth it for me. If it was a monthly treatment I might reconsider.

22. The London Mum September 6, 2017 / 4:00 pm

I love how it looks, I must check out this treatment!

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 6, 2017 / 7:06 pm

Definitely should I love it and honestly couldn’t live without it now!

23. Becca Talbot September 6, 2017 / 6:57 pm

Francesca your lashes look amazing!! I’ll definitely have to check this out, as mine are like yours were, withered and short with no curl! x

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 6, 2017 / 7:07 pm

Thank you!!! I really can’t praise it enough, the treatment has been amazing for me and still looks great now!!

24. Angela Milnes September 6, 2017 / 9:48 pm

oh wow this lash treatment looks great. I would love to get that done at some point! 6-8 weeks is not too bad!

25. Jill Conyers September 7, 2017 / 9:09 pm

I’ve never heard of a lash lift. It looks amazing and lasts reasonably long. I would love to try it.

• francescaferrarinelson@yahoo.co.uk September 8, 2017 / 9:25 pm

It really is amazing definitely worth a try!!

26. Lubka Henry September 11, 2017 / 3:06 am

I didn’t know such procedure even existed. It sounds good especially that it is based on you own lashes.